Monday, September 24, 2007

Summer's Last Hurrah


Duck Inn, originally uploaded by tpl108.

It hasn't rained more than an inch or so over the past seven weeks and temperatures are supposed to soar into the 90s this week. My fall pea harvest is surely going to be a disappointment, but my pepper harvest, if not spectacular, should be decent. This recent bout of warm weather has goaded the plant into setting several new peppers. It'll be a mad dash to the first frost, which should be coming any week now. We'll see if we just might be able to sneak a few peppers in under the wire before the season closes.

Pictured: Aquinnah, Martha's Vineyard. No, this isn't my garden. I only wish it were.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wondered how your blog would wind down the season and as always it didn't disappoint, however, I can't say I noticed the gap when you worked for the French Foreign Leigion. (Did you liberate the opressed people of the world, or take over a small country and declare yourself its leader?)

Great Pics of the Tomatoes and Squash!

late